Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daily Figment 87 - Finding ME-mo

Every since my very first trip to Walt Disney World in May, 1994, I have had a specific affliction. I'm not sure if it has a real name in the DSM-IV-TR, but I have labeled it Finding Me-mo-itis.

What am I talking about, you ask?

Have you ever spent any time staring at pictures on flickr, in blogs and in books to see if you are in them?

Have you actually found yourself yet? I have looked at thousands of pictures on the interweb of Disney parks, trying to get a glimpse of myself or someone I knew. So far, it has been fruitless (or me-less?) and I've realized that most people take pictures of family or architectural type shots. So, there aren't as many crowd shots. I culled through my 2000-plus Disney photos and found a few to share. Just in case you are in one of them.

Walt Disney World 1997
This is a photo I took in September 1997. No one in the picture is in my family or travel party. Are you in there?

Or were you eating breakfast at the Polynesian on December 10, 2006?
DSC01728


Were you one of the people waiting in line to see Goofy at the Disney Studios? My youngest son was too scared to get any closer than this...
DSC01756


Were you passing through Fantasyland?
DSC01976


What about walking by the Liberty Tree Tavern?
WDW_2004_Day_02_0092



Are you wearing the yellow shirt?
WDW_2004_Day_02_0217


Listening to the Voices of Liberty? Is that you in the yellow shirt again?
WDW_2004_Day_02_0179


Are you walking down Sunset Boulevard?
DSC01794


Enjoying the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights?
DSC01852


Did you enjoy seeing Bear?
DSC02573


I've often wondered if I am alone with this affliction.

So, do you share any of the symptoms?

2 comments:

Ryan P. Wilson said...

December 10th!?!? Someone was at the Polynesian on my birthday! Sadly I am certain it couldn't have been me... Ah well, I hope they had the Tonga Toast for me.

Unknown said...

I did get Tonga Toast that morning. It was as good as they all say!

We found out that the little guy was kinda freaked out by the crowd that morning. Mommy took him outside and the older son and I joined them in a few minutes. Imagine eating outside in December in the early morning.

But at WDW, anything is possible!