Saturday, October 13, 2007

Book Update

Walt's Time just arrived a few days ago. This is a beautiful book that is presented as a scrapbook of the Sherman Brothers' career--inside and outside of Disney. From Miracles to Molecules, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Mary Poppins, The Wonderful World of Color, the Jungle Book, Journey Into Imagination (One Little Spark--you're singing it right now aren't you) and so many more amazing songs. They even wrote the songs for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (which should have been a Disney film) and Charlotte's Web.

This is a book that you will lose yourself in time and time again.

7 comments:

FoxxFur said...

A book you may have overlooked which is one of my absolute favorites is Donald Ballad's fantastic Disneyland Hotel book...even if you're like me and you think the Disneyland Hotel is old and kind of strange the text is so wonderful it's like growing up loving it for the first time.

Greg said...

I love the Sherman Brother's music, especially "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins. I seem to recall a story where Walt would have the brothers come into his office some Friday afternoon's and would ask them to "play the song for me boys." He would stand looking out his office window while the music played. I like that picture.

Unknown said...

I've had that one on my radar for a while. Thanks for the suggestion, Foxx! I will keep a better eye out for it.

Jessica said...

I can't believe it's taken you this long to get a copy of Walt's Time! One of my absolute favorite books as I am an enormous fan of the Sherman Brothers. When I first got it I read it cover to cover, over and over again. I can't get enough of it, or their work.

Unknown said...

Jessica,

Probably the first 40-50 books in my collection were geared specifically towards the theme parks with a few biographies thrown in there. Only during the past few months have I branched out to purchase a lot of the other works I have been posting about.

So, can we start a Sherman Brother's Appreciation Society? Or should we start a council?

Jessica said...

I am totally in on a Sherman Brothers Appreciation Society! I've been a fan of theirs for as long as I can remember. Nobody writes songs like they do (how can you not love the Astuter Computer Revue song?)

Unknown said...

Jessica--

Thanks.

Now I am singing that song in my head. And I will pobably be singing it all afternoon!

;)