Thursday, November 22, 2007

Geek Link: These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

Two of my biggest passions: Walt Disney World and power pop music. In the early 1990's, Andy and I were in a band together, called Vertigo Joyride (you can see us at the bottom of this post).

One of my favorite bands is Powerspace. I was checking their website this morning and I was pleasantly surprised to see this Holiday Greeting from the band. Only one way to explain it: Spinal Tap with ADHD meets Walt Disney World! It is a truly frenetic look at Walt Disney World in under 4 minutes. I think these guys deserve an Official Disney Geeks Certificate!

Happy Thanksgiving!








For a little more musical fun...


4 comments:

FoxxFur said...

Interesting editing. I'm guessing that they just did this themselves and, if so, it's a pretty good example of how people who watch movies usually have a better innate sense of pace (through osmosis) than many people who make movies professionally. It has a pretty good meter, regular enough to feel like you're progressing, slow enough to observe various details and fast enough to feel like you're on a rapid tour. On the other hand it's less like a tour and more like a highlights reel, or, the stuff you really remember about Disney... I watched it with the sound off to observe this. Cute stuff.

Unknown said...

I also liked the attached video. You always find the most interesting stuff on YouTube.

Also, way to plug your old band ;)

Unknown said...

Great insight Foxx!

I was just thinking of the serendipity more than anything else. It just seems to be that things I really enjoy in life seem to intersect fairly often. Or it is simply all in my mind?

But still...I loved that on of my favorite bands was at Disney.

Ray--I am shameless!

sambycat said...

wow. whats with all the hair flipping in that last videa - and who's the guitat player shunted off to the right in the darkness.... those guys are hot! ;)