Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Know The Code

One of the more thought-provoking marketing pieces was the special decoder card that cast members handed out as you entered the queue for the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. I call it thought-provoking simply because you were able to use the decoder to puzzle out the messages hidden throughout the queue. So not only were you walking, but you needed to keep your eyes open to work out the messages.



The card was part of the marketing effort by the sponsor of the attraction, AT&T. Of course, in the mid-90's, cell phone use wasn't as prevalent as today--hence the 1-800 number for collect calling and calling cards. When is the last time that you saw a payphone?


So, for the first official Imaginerding GIY Project (Geek-It-Yourself), I have provided a scan of the card that you can printout, fold over and have your own Mara decoder card.


Trust me, you are going to need it. You can even take it to Disneyland and decode a few of the messages that have survived the past 14 years.



Cut me out! (Well. print me first, then cut me out.)




For the second part of the GIY Project, I leave you the following message to decode:

So, who's getting the popcorn for the movie on Thursday?
Post a Comment