Friday, March 14, 2008

WDW Radio Show Book Reviews

This week on the WDW Radio Show, George joins host Lou Mongello to discuss the Top 5 must-have books for every Disney Geeks' collection. Unfortunately, he couldn't just stop at 5. Tune into the show to hear what we have to say about these must-haves!





2.Disney: The First 100 Years





3a. Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies




3b. The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies



4. The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak




5. Walt Disney Imagineering: a Behind-the-Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real



If you enjoyed the segment, don't forget to e-mail Lou at lou@wdwradio.com and tell him how awesome George was!

Also, let him know that Andrew expects a Tiramisu-to-go from Club 33 when they get back.





9 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm glad I just discovered a place where I can meet other Disney nerds like me! I love Disney as you may have expected but never went for pin trading, souvenir collecting or anything like that... my obsession? Disney books! I have a LOT of them and it's blogs like these that make me go out and spend more money on any I may have missed...keep it up!

Craig Wheeler said...

Sadly I'm missing two books on this list...they are near the top of my purchase list, but I still have a few books to go through before I buy more. The missing tomes are Haunted Mansion and Mountains.

Number 5 on this list was the first in my collection...a Christmas present when I was in high school. Number 1 is the book that got me officially hooked on Disney books.

Unknown said...

George,

How can you forget the name of my blog? Grumpyspot? Repeat after me: Grumpy's Hollow

lorilovestigger said...

I was wondering the same thing Ray. But don't feel bad, he forgot to mention his own brother when he was talking about riding HM at Mousefest. He mentioned Lou, Fred and Jessica but Andy, Glenn and myself got left out. At least YOU got a mention.

Greg said...

Great job George on WDW Radio. I am now a little less wealthy having just ordered the three Surrell books. And I threw in Designing Disney (not the Hench, the other one) for good measure. I aleady had Since the World Began (which you knew) and I have the Imagineering book a few years now. Again, great job. It inspired me to dig a deeper.

Greg said...

Now, if I go to MouseFest '08, do you think I can get a guest spot on Lou's show?

Anonymous said...

George,

I thought your segment on WDW Radio was great. You have a great "radio" voice, you were well prepared, and it's obvious you are fully entrenched in Disney Geekdom. I am heading for the bookstore on my lunch hour in hopes of find one or two of the mentioned books!

Maz said...

Very good segment on WDWRadio. I'm on the way out to get Since the World began... from the library. Maybe the next segment can be the Walt Biography top 5.

Also, great Blog.

Unknown said...

Finally cracked open the book you sent me for Christmas. It is everything you said in the podcast!

The pictures and concept art are amazing