Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Plaza School of Art

In Disneyland, above the Main St. Photo Supply Company at the hub end of Main St. USA, is a wonderful window.

Plaza School of Art

Herb - He did the first rendering of Disneyland for Walt and he did design work for Sleeping Beauty Castle, New Orleans Square and the Indiana Jones Adventure. A Brush with Disney: An Artist's Journey, Told through the words and works of Herbert Dickens Ryman

John - He did the original concept and design for Space Mountain and largely responsible for the look of every Disney theme park. Author of Designing Disney: Imagineering and the Art of the Show.

Peter - He did the painting of Disneyland that Walt used on the television show, he was a matte painter for Mary Poppins and painter for WED. The Garden Within: The Art of Peter Ellenshaw.

Truly an inspiring window. Teaching the rest of the world what a theme park is supposed to look like.




5 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

When will we get a definitive guide about the windows at all the parks? Looks like there may be one on the horizon...
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Main-Street-Chuck-Snyder/dp/1423106717/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206016081&sr=8-1

Have you read Ellenshaw Under Glass? I've never seen any sort of review of this book.

Doc Terminus said...

Hey Craig, I'm currently about 3/4 through Ellenshaw under glass. I will post a review in Passamaquoddy soon after...

Anonymous said...

Hi George,

Glad to hear you guys had a great time out here. I love Disneyland and I love the Magic Kingdom. I hope you come out again soon.

Lee D.

elainamack said...

The Brush with Disney Book is one of the most beautiful dust jackets I have ever come across. I would use the word alluring but I am uncertain if that can apply to something that is not alive. Maybe it is alive and that is why I find it so compelling.

Greg said...

Ordered my "Designing Disney" by Hench last night. Thanks for the Amazon link - found it new for $28.00. If this pans out to be true I will consider it a steel.