- Walt Disney's Disneyland "A WHITMAN Giant Tell-A-Tale Book - 1964 by Walt Disney Productions. Illustrations by Fred Weinman. Photographs by Roger Davidson and the Walt Disney Studios. Printed by Western Printing and Lithographing Company.
|I did my best to create a single image from the back and front covers of the book. It is interesting to see what were thought of as park icons in 1964.|
- Since the World Began: Walt Disney World - The First 25 Years by Jeff Kurtti. Probably the seminal work on the first 25 years of Walt Disney World. A must-have for all Disney enthusiasts.
- Walt Disney World and Epcot Center by Valerie Childs.
- Walt Disney World Media Guide for the 25th Anniversary by Charles Ridgway. I own tow of the media guides and I am always on the lookout for others. These are fantastic resources for the theme park historian since they are filled with dates, facts and articles about the resort. Make sure to get one if you can find it.
- Disneys Adventure Guide to Florida: A FODOR'S Travel Book. This is probably one of the last big hurrahs of the Good Neighbor program from the Orlando property. One of the goals of the Vacation Kingdom of the World was to be a good neighbor to all of the local attractions. Disney agreed to promote other tourist venues to help boost the local economy. Once EPCOT Center opened and as Eisner took over, there was a major decline in promoting anything outside of the Walt Disney World boundaries.
- Millenium Media Guide by Charles Ridgway