Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Build Your Own Castle

The Fall 1996 issue of Disney Magazine was dedicated to celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. The articles included: Walt & Roy (looking at how Walt Disney World was Roy's final tribute to Walt); Walt Disney World in Pictures; The Fathers of Invention (the six that worked to get Walt Disney World open); 25 Ways to Celebrate; and Test Your Walt Disney World Knowledge (Lou?).

The Walt Disney World in Pictures article also includes a special gift from the Imagineers--a Cinderella Castle poster! Of course, this version was modeled on the architectural renderings from 1969, not the 25th Anniversary Birthday Cake design.

Click on the image for a larger version.


Enjoy! If you happen to build your own castle, drop us a line!

4 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

Before I start, can you tell me how many bricks/stones I'll need? Thanks.

Mike said...

How do you keep it from sinking into the swamp?? Those imagineer types are pretty amazing!

Greg said...

I miss Disney Magazine. I keep a stack nearby and love browsing through them every now and then.

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

I ripped that pic out of the magazine, framed it, and hung it up on the wall. It got lost in one of my moves :(

Thanks for the memories!