Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mickey Mouse's Library Card

Borrowing another page from my good buddy, Jeff at 2719 Hyperion, I ran across this great little detail in Runaway Brain. Jeff has covered some of the other great details for the animated short quite extensively.

In the following scene, the evil experiment has taken place and Mickey needs to convince his new nemesis who Mickey Mouse is. He has him look at Mickey's wallet. Of course, I paused it step-by-step to see what the cards were.

The third card in the fold-out section was a library card!


Guillard County Library
Mickey Mouse
2495 21095
I queried Jeff about the meaning behind the Guillard name--he was just as puzzled as I was.
Any thoughts?
Don't forget to stop by your local public library and register for a card. September is National Library Card Sign-up Month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dollars to donuts, I'd say that this is somehow a punning joke on Chouinard, which was the art school the Disney studio partnered with for art classes in the 1930s and 1940s. It is part of the historical beginnings of Cal Arts.