Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Daily Figment 41 - Puzzle Watch

daily_figment_02

puzzle_logo

My sons and I bought this torture device, er, puzzle for mommy.

I don't remember if it was a Christmas, birthday or just because present. I just remember seeing the puzzle and convincing the 8 year old that he and mommy would have fun with it.

A word of warning: I am not a puzzle aficionado. I can hardly stand the chunky cardboard puzzles that my children played with when they were toddlers. You know, the puzzles with only eight or nine pieces. So, this one is a Mickey photomosaic puzzle, and I quote from the box: "Thousands of miniature Disney Movie Frames combine to make one awesome portrait!" Well, alright-ey, then! Thousands. Thousands of tiny little pieces. Each with a different scene from a Disney film. I will stick to reading books, thank you very much!

She's been working on this in her spare time (about once a month--ha!) and we think that she started in February 2007.

DSC00655

This picture is from last night. I would have given up long before I even opened the box! I will keep everyone updated on the progress. I can't wait to frame it and hang it somewhere in the house. But not in our Mickey Mouse bathroom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like puzzles and that one would drive me nuts

Andrew said...

I enjoy puzzles as well, but fear that between the dog and the kids, several pieces would be eaten before the puzzle was completed. Can you imagine working on a puzzle for several months only to find out there was a single piece missing. Besides, I don't think I ever want to see what a puzzle piece looks like in a diaper.