Maps, for most of history, were carefully guarded since they often boasted the whereabouts of natural resources or travel routes. Let's explore a map that helps celebrate Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary.
Here are just a few of the posts that have involved maps or referenced them:
- We shared a 1977 map from World Magazine with an enormous Walt Disney World Marching Band.
- A Disney MGM, er, Hollywood Studios map of Old Hollywood and Vine.
- A detailed look at the early years of Discovery Island.
- Your Guide to Walt Disney World 1978: Celebrating 40 Years of Walt Disney World History.
- The GAF Picture Trail.
- The Story of Walt Disney World 1971 and 1976 editions.
- The 1971 Walt Disney World Map: A Detailed Look at Bay Lake.
|Click on me to see a larger version.|
A very special thanks to Celeste Cronrath for designing the series of logos for our posts. Make sure to follow her on Twitter.